APOLOGIES FOR CROSS POSTING

Members of the list may be interested in the following, or know someone who is. It is a nice place to work. Individuals with a development/management background in, for example the sociology of work and/or related topics are encouraged to get in touch with me if they might be interested.

Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in International Management of Human Resources

LANCASTER UNIVERSITY MANAGEMENT SCHOOL

Department of Organisation Work and Technology

Our collegial and intellectually stimulating Department of Organisation, Work and Technology is seeking a Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in the International Management of Human Resources.

The person appointed will teach undergraduate  and/or post-graduate courses in International HRM.  There are also opportunities to teach on the Management School's MBA programme and to contribute to post-experience and overseas programmes.  In terms of other teaching and personal research agendas, however, our understanding of the international management of HR is very broadly defined.  Applications are therefore welcome from individuals with a range of interests in the international dimensions of work and organisations, which engage with our department’s current research profile.

Lancaster University Management School, is world-ranked, and accredited by the AACSB, the Association of MBAs and EQUIS. The most recent Financial Times Global MBA rankings placed LUMS within the top-50 business schools in the world. LUMS has topped the UK research rankings in business and management for nearly two decades. The department also offers friendly and supportive research environment.

You should have a PhD and have published at international standard or, for early career appointments, provide evidence of your ability to do so in the future.  Applicants for Senior Lecturer appointment will additionally require both sustained publication success at international standard , teaching excellence and a willing to assume senior administrative tasks.

While there is no residence requirement, the person appointed is expected to be physically present in the department, and be a full and active participant in departmental work life.

Further details of the Department can be found at http://www.lums.lancs.ac.uk/Departments/owt

Informal enquiries may be directed to:  Professor Bill Cooke ([log in to unmask]), Head of Department of Organisation, Work and Technology, Lancaster University Management School. Tel (+44)1524 510957

Closing Date:  March 2nd 2012. We would hope to have a person in post and ready to teach by the start of the 2012/13 academic year, that is October 2012