Dear All,

I am just circulating details of a vacancy for a Lecturer/Senior
Lecturer role in management / public health at the University of
Sheffield (reference number UOS003923).

The closing date is 7th February, and some details 'About The Job' are
attached if you, or anyone you know, might be interested. While the job
is in public health, we welcome applications from those who have
experience in health, in its broadest sense - so including the social
determinants of health and well-being. And although it doesn't perhaps
make it clear in the advert/job role, we also welcome applications from
those who have international/development experience - hence my
circulation of the details here.  We have an emerging base
of international research within the School of Health, and also have
links with Geography, Planning, Politics etc. in relation to
international development, and a large proportion of our students are
from outside the UK.

 From my experience, public health has tended to be a forgotten aspect
of development management more broadly - with disciplinary divides and
perceptions that it is a medically-oriented discipline. We are keen to
move away from this, so I do encourage those of you with broader
experience and insight to consider the vacancy and apply - Sheffield is
a great place to live! I am happy to discuss the role in more detail if
anyone wants to email, or give me a ring.

Best, Amy

--
Dr Amy Barnes
Lecturer, International Health Policy and Management

Public Health, School of Health and Related Research (ScHARR)
University of Sheffield
Regent Court
30 Regent Street
Sheffield