Dear All,

(Apologies for cross postings -- The links in my previous email were not working - So I am sending my invitation again). Please see below:

I am working on my doctoral dissertation at the School of Library and Information Science, Indiana University Bloomington and I need some help setting up a benchmark for what I will refer to as good quality simple Dublin Core metadata. I am looking for input from volunteers (experienced cataloguers or metadata librarians ) who would be willing to create Dublin Core metadata for four resources (a web page, an image, a document and a short video clip).

The resources I need to have metadata for are as follows:
http://family.fourseasons.com/2011/08/lamb-couscous-vegtagine/
http://www.monroegallery.com/userfiles/photos/RuthO_comicreader.jpg
http://assets.cambridge.org/97805218/11491/sample/9780521811491ws.pdf
http://memory.loc.gov/mbrs/lcmp002/m2a31757.mpg

The following web links provide additional information for each of the resources above:
http://family.fourseasons.com/about/
http://www.monroegallery.com/photographers/detail/id/635
http://ella.slis.indiana.edu/~mchuttur/dc/bookpageresult.jsf.htm
http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.mbrsmi/lcmp002.m2a31757

Attached to this email, is a simple excel template with the 15 fields of Dublin Core. I have one sheet for each resource.

If you can help me, can you please fill out the template with the values you believe most accurately describe the four resources listed above and/or if you know anybody that can help me, can you please forward this email with its attachment to the person.

I am always glad to answer any questions you may have or hear from your valuable suggestions, so please do not hesitate to email me at [log in to unmask]

Thank you
Yasser
--
Doctoral Candidate,
School of Library and Information Science,
Indiana University,
Bloomington, Indiana,
United States