Michelle, aside from DP considerations, if (as one assumes) the video is to be used/shown by the authority, then you should also ensure you have obtained specific consent from the subject to use the video for these purposes - i.e assignment and release of image rights. Also, if the photographer is not one of your employees, make sure in his contract that he assigns to the authority his copyright in the video/photo.

All of this should be captured in writing.

Good luck.

David Hirst

Legal Adviser

University of Sunderland