Dear all
Happy New Year everyone!

This is a reminder that the deadline for abstract submissions to the 5th Biannual Surveillance and Society' conference is this Saturday 7th January.

Submissions are to be made on the conference website: http://www.shef.ac.uk/socstudies/ssnconference

You may submit an abstract even if you did not express an interest in attending the conference.

We will inform you whether your abstract has been accepted within two weeks of the submission deadline.

The conference is to be held on the 3rd and 4th April 2012.

On the afternoon of the 2nd April we will be holding a doctoral workshop at the University of Sheffield.  We are hoping to offer ten reduced-fee places for post-graduate students wishing to give a paper or present a poster display of their research. If you wish to apply for this please indicate this when you submit your abstract.  Allocation to these strictly limited places will be based on the quality of the abstract/ research description and on a first-come-first-served basis.  We will announce the results of this on Friday 13th January.

Keep your eye on the website for announcements of confirmed plenary speakers in the coming weeks.

Best wishes
Kirstie, Clive, Ben, Nicky, Charles, Nilz and Janine