From: Sara Westin <[log in to unmask]>
To: CRIT-GEOG-FORUM <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 14:36
Subject: Re: Deleuze and all that

Dear all,
I can only speak for myself, but what I believe Professor Allen Scott
meant (and this is my interpretation), is not that it is wrong to
transcend disciplinary boundaries, or for geographers to "use"
philosophy when trying to grasp our different subject matters. But
it's indesputable that there are different ways of using it and that
the use sometimes obfuscates rather than clarifies - in itself an
interesting philosophical question of the relation between means and
ends. That this is a problem is hard to deny. Science is not separated
from philosophy, but science is not the same as philosophy.

With kind regards,
Sara Westin, PhD Uppsala University

--
Sara Westin, PhD
Department of Social and Economic Geography