From: CCP4 bulletin board [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Frank von Delft
Sent: 24 January 2012 15:08
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ccp4bb] writing scripts-off topic

What an astonishingly low bar....

On 24/01/2012 14:19, David Schuller wrote:

On 01/24/12 00:41, Bart Hazes wrote:

I have used a number of languages and have found only one I really disliked, that being perl. It is hard for me to imagine that this language was developed by a linguist yet in my eyes it is the least natural language from human comprehension point of view. In contrast, python is much more intuitive and should be very suitable for the tasks you describe.

www.cs.siue.edu/~astefik/papers/StefikPlateau2011.pdf

An Empirical Comparison of the Accuracy Rates of Novices using the Quorum, Perl, and Randomo Programming Languages
A. Stefik, S. Siebert, M. Stefik, K. Slattery

Abstract: "... Perl users were unable to write programs more accurately than those using a language designed by chance."

All Things Serve the Beam
                               David J. Schuller
                               modern man in a post-modern world
                               MacCHESS, Cornell University