Hi,

This is a fairly familiar issue. A hydrophobic protein with thiols often contaminates IMAC columns and this kind of contamination can be difficult to remove completely. In the past some of the methods that worked included trypsin or papain treatment, followed by massive amounts of chelating agents. I would like to note, however, that the cost of such 'rejuvenation therapy' easily approaches the cost of 5-ml resin batch. In general with IMAC it is almost always easier to perform the first step in batch, since it takes less time for larger samples. So unless your column is very large and expensive it sounds cheaper to get a new bit of resin...
Good luck!

Artem