My understanding of coherence is a constant phase relation between
waves. Of course, this breaks down for inelastic scattering, but
(in)coherence can also be described without any change in wavelength.

Best regards,

Dirk.

Am 12.01.12 11:27, schrieb Bernhard Rupp (Hofkristallrat a.D.):
> Does out of phase imply incoherent scattering? I though it means inelastic Compton scattering?

Dirk Kostrewa
Gene Center Munich
Department of Biochemistry
Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München