James,

I would like to recommend the free ICM-Browser
http://www.molsoft.com/icm_browser.html . It is widely used for teaching
structural biology and it is easy to make fun and interesting fully
interactive 3D slides and animations of protein structures.

The students can view the fully interactive 3D files in the browser,
PowerPoint or on the web using ActiveICM
http://www.molsoft.com/activeicm.html  The files can also be viewed on
the *iPad**/iPhone* using iMolview http://www.molsoft.com/iMolview.html

We will be happy to send you some examples if you would like them.

Thanks,
Andy

--
Andrew Orry Ph.D.