From: "PULSARSTRIAN" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2012 7:56:39 AM
Subject: [ccp4bb] His Purification

Hello Every one,
I am trying to purify a human protein in a bacterial expression system of around 82 kDa (with a 5 kDa His tag, so fusion protein is 87 kDa) which was cloned in pRSET-A vector. The Problem is I am not able to get rid of the infamous contamination proteins of arnA gene (72 kDa) and glmS gene (67 kDa).
I am using TEV protease to cleave my protein (82 kDa) from the tag (5 kDa). This TEV protease has N- terminal His tag. So I first elute my fusion protein with higher imidazole concentration and then do TEV cleavage by adding TEV protease,, but sadly It co-elutes other contamination proteins such as 72 kDa and 67 kDa, as mentioned above..

Now, I wanted to know,,, can I do "On beads cleavage" by directly adding TEV enzyme when the fusion protein is still bound to Ni-NTA beads??
But I am worreid TEV protease which has N- terminal His tag also try to bind on Ni-NTA beads..

Please help me..

Thanks!!

--
B4U