I like that animation a lot, as it shows the gradual nature of the
lattice effect, but it is not exactly what I am looking for. I am
actually just curious what the pattern behind the spots looks like for
various molecules, and would like to see an image of that in various
orientations. I guess one way to put it is that I would like to see
what the 1.5-2 Ang diffraction pattern would be for a single,
radiation-damage-impervious protein or RNA/DNA molecule given enough
x-rays and time.

Would the intensities-based transform image be much less complicated
than the phases-based one?

Would larger molecules have more complex patterns, corresponding to
the amount of information in their structures?

JPK