Actually, as a way to make this type of figure, I think there are
programs which output simulated diffraction images, so perhaps I could
just input a .pdb file with some really huge (fake) cell parameters
(10,000 Ang?), and then the resulting spots would be really close
together and approximate the continuous molecular transform. I think
this would amount to the same thing as the molecular transform of the
model itself--am I right?

Does anyone know which software outputs simulated diffraction images?

Jacob