I used the find the British non-mainstream poetry scene quite refreshing in the 90s because there was a sense of something without a centre that was evading definitions. Sure, there were those who were behaving like 'they owned the place' but it didn't matter because the prevailing sense was of a samizdat cultural movement. I couldn't say the same now. Arise, Sir Chris.

I guess one could say that the Establishment is a state of mind that emerges from the very human very primate fixations on status and ganging while that poetry, an art which is precariously dependent on acceptance, is very vulnerable to that. I guess one could - but it's very boring to ...

--
David Joseph Bircumshaw
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."