> I can't see how anyone would consider The 4 Quartets a modernist poem.

I obviously don't perceive the same borders but fair enough - it's the first time I've seen the mainstream conceded a major poem. Not my favourite Eliot - but I'll take it.

As for Spanish - you have to start somewhere but I'm beginning to read mas de ultramar, and have translated the Mexican David Huerta (for a chapbook published by the Poetry Translation Centre).

Best,
Jamie