Hi Joseph,

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who was a bit unsure about the autostart feature; let's hope a future release of Bb Drive includes an option to disable this.

Can I ask how you're looking at doing the rollout across your network please?  I ask as our systems team have been trying to make a package so we can deploy Bb Drive, but we're seeing an error related to the user's home directory:

"Could not access network location

\\[our server]\userAppData\[user name]\Application Data\"

The guys at Blackboard Support have been looking at this and believe it's actually an error with the documentation, and they believe there's a work-around, but I was just interested to know if you've successfully built a package for this.

Many thanks,

Chris Boon
SENIOR ILT ANALYST
I.T. SERVICES
City College Norwich

Tel +44 (0)1603 773659
http://www.ccn.ac.uk

Hi Tim
Thanks for the info.
Yes we are a bit wary of the autostart - because it means the first time
someone tries to open a content file it asks for username and password (we
had a brief problem  with Blackboard (nothing to to with BbDrive) asking
for usernames back in September and so cant just launch it as some staff
may assume the problem has come back.
We are looking at the opt in managed rollout to get around this (we assume
that staff that deliberately add BbDrive will not be surprised to get a
password request).

One thing we have found in testing is that for sys admin accounts BbDrive
can be a bit slow in courses and users (because it assumes you have rights
to everything and then spends ages trying to load every top level folder).

We never launched the original webdav - it was far to buggy with our system.
Joseph

--On 27 January 2012 08:54 +0000 "Linsey, Tim" <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> Hi Joseph,
>
> Just spotted your post on this. We are at a similar stage I think. Some
> of our key selling points I suppose are greater stability over browser
> based WebDav, particularly in terms of editing content directly on the CS
> and handling larger files. I think the talked about ability for
> annotating coursework will be a big positive. The one issue that we are
> still pondering is that the application autostarts with no explicit
> option to disable this.
>

> Regards
>

> Tim
>

> Dr Tim Linsey
> Deputy Director of Academic Development and Head of eLearning
> Academic Development Centre
> Kingston University

Regards
Joseph