On behalf of Mark Lussier and myself, we'd like to invite you to the desert for the International Conference on Romanticism November  8 - 11, 2012. The theme for this year's conference is catastrophes. We will be talking catastrophes, not enacting them as the alien landscape of the desert is rather hospitable this time of year.  "Catastrophes," which should be interpreted in its broadest possible context, including aesthetic, colonial, dramatic, ecological, economic, geographic, literary, military, and political catastrophes (and other approaches are equally welcome).

Website for the conference http://english.clas.asu.edu/icr2012
CFP attached

Feel free to direct questions to myself or Mark Lussier.

Ron

Ron Broglio
Department of English
P.O. Box 870302
Arizona State University
Tempe, AZ 85287-0302
http://www.public.asu.edu/~rbroglio/

British Association for Romantic Studies
http://www.bars.ac.uk

To advertise Romantic literature conferences, publications, jobs, or
other events that the BARS members would be interested in, please
contact Neil Ramsey <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>

Also use this address to register any change in your e-mail address,
or to be removed from the list.

Messages are held in archives, along with other information about the
Mailbase at: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/bars.html