List members may be interested in this new publication:

Social media is changing the workings of our museums. Our hierarchical structure has traditionally disseminated information from our experts to our visitors. The twenty-first century model, however, is more level. Instead of a one-way presentation, online visitors are often interested in having a conversation with our curators and content providers...

Conversations with Visitors: Social Media and Museums brings together for the first time in book form a collection of essays which examine this concept in depth.

* Sound Practical Advice from Leading Institutions *
In its 364 pages, Conversations with Visitors shares the experience of some of the world's leading international thinkers and doers in the field of social media and museums. Together, these essays provide sound, practice-based advice on communicating with, involving, challenging, and analysing museum visitors (and non-visitors) through the use of many different types and styles of social media.

The dozens of institutions whose experiences are featured include:
* Canadian Museum for Human Rights, Winnipeg
* Copernicus Science Centre, Warsaw
* Experimentarium Science Centre, Copenhagen, Denmark
* Liberty Science Center, NJ, USA
* Museum of Life & Science, Durham, NC, USA
* Museum of Natural History and Archaeology, Trondheim, Norway
* National Museum of American History, Washington DC, USA
* New-York Historical Society
* Renton History Museum, Renton WA, USA
* Smithsonian American Art Museum, Washington, DC, USA
* Tate, London, UK

For a limited time only, the book is available at reduced price:
* Save over 10% on the published price
* PLUS receive a free full Digital Edition to read immediately
* PLUS be among the first to receive the printed edition by 20 January

For full details of the book, the authors, and to place your order, please visit:
www.museumsetc.com/products/conversations

Meantime, any questions, just drop me an email.

Graeme Farnell
MuseumsEtc

PS We offer all our readers an unconditional guarantee: if, once received, you decide for any reason this book is not for you, simply return it to us for a full refund!