Posted on behalf of Nell Hoare, Secretary to the NMCT. Please send any enquiries to [log in to unmask]

The National Manuscripts Conservation Trust offers grants for the conservation and preservation of manuscripts and archives.  Since 1990 our grants have helped to make previously inaccessible collections available for study and research. The NMCT has more grant funds available than ever before thanks grants  from the Pilgrim Trust, the J Paul Getty Jr Trust and the Garfield Weston Foundation - so now is a good time to apply.

The next deadline for the submission of applications is 1st April 2012 with results will be announced in July. If you want to plan ahead, the deadline after that is 1st October 2012.

We welcome grant applications from Cathedral Archives and Libraries, Record Offices, Museums, University’s Archives or Special Collections sections, as well as owners of manuscripts that are exempt from capital taxation or owned that by a charitable trust.  Our grants can cover conservation, binding and other preservation measures, including digitisation (providing it is part of a wider conservation project).  The significance of the collection that is the subject of a grant application and also detailed of the proposed conservation treatment are considered in detail.  The National Archives provides an expert opinion on all application and this informs the Trustees’ considerations.

Current recipients of NMCT grants include: Bristol Record Office, LSE Library, St George’s Windsor, Glasgow University, Flintshire Record Office, ss Great Britain and the Wordsworth Trust.

Applications must be submitted on our application form, which you can download at www.nmct.co.uk.  If, having consulted our website, you have any queries about whether your project is eligible etc please do contact Mrs Nell Hoare, who manages the Trust.  You can contact her either through the NMCT website or at [log in to unmask].

Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to.

National Archives Disclaimer

This email message (and attachments) may contain information that is confidential to The National Archives. If you are not the intended recipient you cannot use, distribute or copy the message
or attachments. In such a case, please notify the sender by return email immediately and erase all copies of the message and attachments. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message
and attachments that do not relate to the official business of The National Archives are neither given nor endorsed by it.