We are looking to buy a digital camera for use by archive staff in the search room. We are not looking for a professional quality camera, but do want to be able to take decent photographs of documents for research purposes and to act as a preservation copy.

We have a budget of around £300.

We would be very grateful for any advice/recommendations from colleagues. Please reply off-list and I will compile a summary of replies if people are interested.

Thank you in advance,

Eleanor

Eleanor Cracknell (Miss)

Assistant Archivist

St George’s Chapel Archives & Chapter Library
The Vicars’ Hall Undercroft
The Cloisters
Windsor Castle
Berkshire SL4 1NJ
Tel: 01753 848725
Fax: 01753 848763

http://www.stgeorges-windsor.org/archives.html

http://www.stgeorges-windsor.org/welcome.asp

For information about Christmas Services in St George’s Chapel please see the website www.stgeorges-windsor.org

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE : This message and any attachments should only be read by those persons to whom it is addressed and be used by them for its intended purpose. It must not otherwise be reproduced, modified, distributed, published or actioned. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately by telephone on 01753 848888 and delete it from your computer immediately. This e-mail address must not be passed to any third party or be used for any other purpose. Every reasonable precaution has been taken to ensure that this e-mail, including attachments, does not contain any viruses. However, no liability can be accepted for any damage sustained as a result of such viruses, and recipients are advised to carry out their own checks.