NIHR Research Design Service (RDS) for the West Midlands (Keele Hub) and
the Health Services Research Unit (HSRU) - Keele University

Senior Lecturer in Biostatistics
Three year fixed-term contract (in the first instance)
Starting Salary: Grade 9 £46,846
Reference: AC12/02

The RDS (Keele hub) and HSRU have a commitment to develop research and
clinical capacity.  We wish to appoint a Senior lecturer in Biostatistics
who will be interested in working with an established group of health
service researchers to develop our programme of work in both
methodological and applied research.  You will be the lead advisor for
statistical methods in the Keele Hub of the RDS and the linked HSRU and
work closely with our multi-disciplinary team to:

1) Provide methodological support and guidance in the area of quantitative
research to clinicians wishing to access the West Midlands RDS, Keele Hub.
2) Contribute to academic leadership in statistical research methods and
techniques, for the range of studies being undertaken within the HSRU.

You will possess a PhD in Statistics or a related area of Mathematics, and
have experience of conducting statistical analysis, and of training and
mentoring non-statisticians.

It is anticipated that approximately 50% of the post holder's time will be
spent on each of the above areas of activity, and be based at the HSRU
Offices at Keele University.

Closing date for applications: 20th February 2012

Further information:

http://www.keele.ac.uk/vacancies/academicandresearchvacancies/

SIGNOFF allstat