There is currently a vacancy for a statistician at the Statistical Services Centre, University of Reading, UK.

This appointment is full-time, permanent, Grade 6 - 27,428 GBP to 35,788 GBP per annum.

The Statistical Services Centre (SSC) provides statistical, consultancy and training to a range of clients in the UK and abroad.  We are looking for a Statistician to join our team.

The successful applicant will be expected to contribute to all of the SSC's areas of interest, and in particular our work in developing countries.  Given the variety of our work, we are looking for an enthusiastic individual who enjoys applied statistical problems, travelling and keeping abreast of developments in statistics.

You will have:
*at least an MSc in Statistics (or equivalent)
*relevant experience of working in statistical consultancy and/or training role
*a willingness to travel, both within the UK and abroad
*the ability to work as part of a team and individually
*a good working knowledge of mainstream statistical software
*excellent communication skills

Informal enquiries: contact the Director, SSC, James Gallagher on +44(0)118 378 6730 or email [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Alternatively, contact the Deputy Director, Carlos Barahona on +44(0)118 378 8026 or email [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Closing date: 9 February 2012
Interview date: 8-9 March 2012

Reference number: RS11046

For more information, and to formally apply please visit www.reading.ac.uk/Jobs<http://www.reading.ac.uk/Jobs> or contact Human Resources, University of Reading, Whiteknights, PO Box 217, Reading RG6 6AH. Telephone +44(0)118 378 6771 (voicemail).

Kind Regards

Emma Hollands
Training Co-ordinator
Statistical Services Centre,