Dear All

A couple of things ...

Stonewall

I now have confirmed the position of 23 Universities in the Stonewall Workplace Equality index. This includes either their position in the ranking (and score), they are a Champion but didn't enter the index, or they intend to become a Diversity Champion in the near future. If there is anyone else who would like to let me know your position for a sector comparison please let me know by the end of the week.

Jumma Group

Today we opened our new Muslim Prayer Room. Due to a recent development on a new Muslim student society, as well as ISOC, we are looking at establishing a Jumma group to oversee the subject and content of Friday Prayers, and who will lead them in order to avoid confrontation between eh two student groups. The new prayer room has moved out of the Guild of Students and into a University Building and we are now taking a more active involvement in this issue, hence the group.

I was wondering if anyone has a similar set up, and if they do would be willing to share their experiences or terms of reference? We currently do not have a University Imam, if you do, I would also be interested to know what their job description is, are they paid, how are they managed and how they relate to your chaplaincy department.

Thank you for your help

Regards

Darren

Darren Mooney BSc, MA
Diversity & Equality Officer
Human Resources
Hart Building<http://www.disabledgo.com/en/access-guide/hart-building/university-of-liverpool-1>
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
L3 5TQ

T: 0151 795 5975
E: [log in to unmask]
W: http://www.liv.ac.uk/hr/diversity_equality/

BAME Staff Network<https://www.liv.ac.uk/intranet/bme/index.htm>: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Disabled Staff Network<https://www.liv.ac.uk/intranet/dsn/>: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
LGBT Staff Network<https://www.liv.ac.uk/intranet/lgbt/index.htm>: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

NEWS: New Sexual Orientation<http://www.liv.ac.uk/hr/diversity_equality/documents/FINAL_Sexual_Orientation_Equality_Action_Plan_2011-14_APPROV.doc> and Race Equality<http://www.liv.ac.uk/hr/diversity_equality/documents/FINAL_Race_Equality_Scheme_Action_Plan_2011_-_2014_APPROVED.doc> Action Plan approved. New guidance available on Supporting LGB Staff<http://www.liv.ac.uk/hr/diversity_equality/documents/Managing_Diversity_Supporting_LGB_staff_guidance_FINAL_2011.doc> Published. New diversity eLearning<http://www.liv.ac.uk/hr/organisational-development/Online_Development_Programme/1.011_Equality_legislation.htm> modules are now live.

[logos]<http://www.liv.ac.uk/hr/diversity_equality/index.htm>