Shelia

Would you be willing to share what you issued in the audit with us?

Dave

Dave Small
Equality & Diversity Adviser
University of Portsmouth
023 92845774
http://www.port.ac.uk/equality

www.port.ac.uk/oww

>>> Sheila Ross <[log in to unmask]> 10/01/2012 10:08 >>>
Hiran,
We have issued an equality audit to all staff over the last few months covering the protected characteristics so just waiting to see what kind of return we have.

In terms of marriage and civil partnership we included an explanation as to why only these two ( e.g. people would ask why not widowed single etc)

For every question we included the prefer not to say category and highlighted this option to staff in the information  with the audit.

We used our own ethnicity categories based on the Scottish census- as HESA do not include categories such as Asian Scottish ( only Asian British in their list!).

I can send you on what we issued in the audit if you wish.
Regards

Sheila
Sheila Ross
HR Advisor (Employee Relations)