Ben Fernee doth schreibble :

<SNIPS>

> I think Randolph anointed skrying mirrors with human sexual fluids,
> which has a slight resonance with this traditional use of mare's poison

The apparitions which one may observe in a
magic mirror that is prepared according to the
instructions provided by P.B. Randolph owe
at least as much to the mechanics and the
chemistry of so-called 'storm glasses' as
they do to any amount of 'sexual fluid' that
might be incorporated in their construction
(and, yes, the same phenomena are obtained
from naphtha and its products as are had from
combinations of essential oils and ammonia
and alcohol).

See Chris Perridas' article at the link below,
which is followed by my response and further
pertinent links.

*Storm Glass? What was Lovecraft Talking About?*
by Chris Perridas
Sunday, April 11, 2010
http://tinyurl.com/25uo8wa

I posted complete directions, including the
instructions for obtaining all of the requisite
substances and components to assemble a completely
functional mirror ala P.B. Randolph on the old
Yahoo! Ritual Magic discussion list.

If anyone is interested in doing something more
than simply painting a watchglass with black
paint and 'sexual fluids', that's the place
to start.

To the best of my knowledge, no one else has
ever built one of Randolph's 'storm glass'-
style mirrors besides myself: if I'm wrong,
I would love to hear from you.

The movements of cloudy presences across the
surface of the complex glasses that Randolph
describes are completely objective, and are
reproducible by anyone that cares to make the
effort to follow his instructions.

See also William R. Newman's *Promethean Ambitions:
Alchemy and the Quest to Perfect Nature*, where he
discusses the history of the production of homunculi
using combinations of 'sexual fluids' and surgery,
among several other strategies.

Cors in Manu Domine,

~ Khem Caigan

"Heat and Moisture are Active to Generation;
Cold and Dryness are Passive, in and to each Thing;
Fire and Air, Active by Elementation;
Water and Earth, Passive to Generation."

*Of the Division of Chaos*
-Dr. Simon Forman