Aloha,

On 1/6/2012 8:42 PM, Daniel Harms wrote:

>I've been reading Thomas K. Johnson's dissertation, Til och Vandelrot: Magical Representations in >the Swedish Black Art Book Tradition. He reprints the text of many black art books from Sweden, >including one now kept at the Eslövs Museum as manuscript EM 3329 B. The book was the work >of Bengt Ahlström (1827-1919), a local curer called "The Professor," and bears the date April 13, >1865.

>Item 7 in Johnson's translation reads as follows: "So that a mother can with one method cure her >children from troubles of all kinds. When man and woman have "the way of their flesh" together, >and the woman then dries off her "secret parts", the moisture and the slime that falls from her, >this she should take when it is released from the mouth. Wash then this lip in a little running >water that is taken with the stream and spit into the river before you take it. And just as the >outside a little can get in and a little of the inside can get out, just so shall you smear them over >their entire bodies, each joint and limb, and give them internally from this water in the new and >waning moons, but be careful that no one puts their hands on or touches this salve, or any >person drinks from it or not either that any mouse comes too near to it, for then it won't help at >all." (p. 257)

Just to make sure that I'm understanding the procedure.

The idea is to make an elixir using stream or river water and
post-intercourse sexual/bodily fluids. This elixir, massaged on the
body or taken within in small quantities, possess health-restoring
and wellness-invigorating properties. The elixir and its after effects
do not seduce the recipient or arouse him or her sexually.

I'm way out of touch with historical European folk medical
lore, but this strikes me as an unusual application of "sexual"
healing.

Musing Honestly, My Own Notion Of Sex Magic Flows From Tantra! Rose,

Pitch