From: Aesthetics, Creativity, and Organisations Research Network [[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Claus Noppeney [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 26 January 2012 16:22
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: EU - COST Program

Dear AACORNER

Some of you might have heard about the EU COST program. Basically, it enables research network activities in Europe - also in the domain "Individuals, Societies, Cultures and Health".

Each COST Action is a network centred around nationally-funded research projects in fields that are of interest to at least five COST countries. COST provides the COST Actions with financial support for joint activities such as conferences, short-term scientific exchanges and publications. Each COST Action has an objective, defined goals and clear deliverables. COST Actions have located their topic into one of COST’s scientific Domains --> http://www.cost.esf.org/about_cost

Researchers who wish to launch a new Action first submit a short proposal to the continuous COST Open Call for Proposals, which is then evaluated by the Domain Committee. If the proposal is accepted, the applicantis are invited to submit a full proposal with a complete Technical Annex (the scientific and managerial description of an Action). The full proposal is then assessed through a peer review process.

Who is experienced with COST?
Is there interest to establish an AACORN related project with COST?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes

Claus.

--