Dear aacorners,

I very much hope you will welcome Dr. Nick Wilson into the network. He is a warm-hearted and creative scholar and musician who I have known for many years and I think is already known to some of you.  I was very surprised to learn that he was not already on the list and I very much hope you will make him welcome. I  know his research interests are close to those of many of you. I commend him to you.

Dr Nick Wilson has been actively involved in teaching, practice and research relating to arts and management for well over ten years.  A professional singer (studying at the Royal College of Music and the HdK in Berlin), Nick went on to work in arts management (including Askonas Holt Ltd and the International Artist Managers' Association) before joining the Small Business Research Centre (SBRC) at Kingston University in 1999.  While at Kingston, Nick lead the teaching provision for entrepreneurship and small business, before setting up and managing an innovative Programme of MAs in Cultural Economy (MACE) in 2007.  He now works at the Department of Culture, Media and Creative Industries at King's College London, where he teaches on the MA Cultural & Creative Industries.  His teaching explicitly engages with the boundary space of managing art and creativity - 'Art of Management: Management of Art' and 'Contextualising Creativity'.  He attended the Art of Management symposium in Istanbul in 2010 and the conference in Banff in 2008.  Nick is currently supervising 2 PhD students, one of whom is working on a thesis that is exploring reflexive artistic practice in management education.  In the autumn of 2011 Nick launched a new research network for arts based learning & education (nABLE) at King's. It is hoped that this will develop links and opportunities for carrying out further research that actively engages with and through the arts.

Piers Ibbotson

+0044 (0)1865 510064
07887605133
DirectingCreativity.co.uk