Dear Colleagues,

I primarily work with prehistoric faunal assemblages and find myself floundering with a historic faunal assemblage.  Does anyone have an article or know of an article that describes how to differentiate types of saw marks on butchered bone in historic sites?  Pictures of the different saw marks would also be good.  I was also wondering if anyone knows if different types of saws were used by butchers during certain periods in history in North America?

Thanks,
Sarah

--
Sarah Jenkins, MA
Supervising Archaeologist/ Zooarchaeologist

“May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds.”
~Edward Abbey