Hi Julia,
I looked at the "fishes" depicted in the page that you gave a link to. I believe that these are not fishes but dolphins or other toothed whales. Whales are often drawn with their tales twisted 90 degrees so that they resemble fishes in profile. be cautious with rock paintings and rock carvings.
There is a book by Jean-Jacques Cleyet-Merle, 1990, "La prehistoire de la peche" . In that book you find more references. If you include molluscs (shellfish) there are evidence from very early times, like the Blombos Cave in South Africa. Arturo Morales et al have recently published on Late Paleolithic marine deep-water fishing on the Ibero-mediterranean coast.
Leif Jonsson
Gothenburg Museum of Natural History