I expect you have Anderson, J. K. (1985) Hunting in the Ancient World. University of California Press, Berkeley?  It is very good on Roman and Greek sources.

John Fletcher,  Reediehill Deer Farm, Auchtermuchty,Fife KY14 7HS
www.deervet.com

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Sonja Vukovic
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Sunday, December 11, 2011 5:37 PM
  Subject: [ZOOARCH] hunting in Roman times: references

  Dear ZOOARCHs,

  I am looking for electronic copy of the following paper:

  Hamilakis, Y., 2003: The sacred geography of hunting: wild animals, social power and gender in early
  farming societies, in E. Kotjabopoulou/Y. Hamilakis/P. Halstead/C. Gamble/P. Elefanti, Zooarchaeology
  in Greece: recent advances, London (BSA Studies volume 9), 239-246

  If anyone has it, I would be vary grateful...

  Recomanded references on the subject on the hunting (of wild animals: deer, bear, wild boar, etc) in historical (preferably Roman) period are more then welcome! I am looking for archaeozoological evidences, while other, more general literature is also welcome.

  Thank you very much, best

  Sonja Vukovic