I'd like to echo the enthusiastic responses to the "1000 zooarchers"
news. Congratulations on reaching this milestone (or perhaps it's more
appropriately a kilometer-stone!).

I agree that this very knowledgeable, accessible community seems to be
rather unique and I am happy to be a part of it. I also agree with Deb
that a community resource like this is invaluable to scholars who don't
have easy access to the literature. [On the Ancient World Online (AWOL)
blog a few weeks ago, I saw the results of a survey showing that about
50% of AWOL visitors don't have access to JSTOR.]

I am proud to be part of a community that has found ways to dramatically
increase communication among scholars. A huge thanks to Umberto and
Jacqui for their trail-blazing efforts!

All the best,
Sarah

--