On 16/12/11 16:10, Daniela Bauer wrote:
> Well, the EMI SGE version has been only out for about two weeks and
> given that it requires a complete reinstall I wouldn't be surprised if
> take up has been slow.

Indeed. QMUL hasn't installed it yet - though it's the obvious candidate
for the new CE.

> Having said this, I've installed it (the EMI version) and so far I
> haven't seen any problems with it, but then I don't see any problems
> with my lovingly tuned (especially the my.cnf and the tomcat.conf) glite
> 3.2 versions either. But then I have lots of CEs.
> I would recommend reading the EMI admin guide front to back though, it
> applies equally to glite 3.2.
>
> Here's my EMI install log if anybody is interested:
> http://www.hep.ph.ic.ac.uk/~dbauer/grid/emi_cream.html
> (if you really want to read my config files, I can give you the pasword).
>
> So personally I couldn't care less whether it goes in UMD or not.

My view is that it should _not_ go into UMD - but there should be some
advertisement that the EMI release is available and works for SGE sites.

I'm sorry, but release announcements shouldn't contain instructions not
to use stuff.

Chris