Ewan MacMahon wrote:
>> It's not just Australians who see us as a bunch of whinging poms; we have that reputation in Europe too.
>>
> Fair enough.

I wonder if that epithet also applies to the Welsh?

> In short, it seems to me that we're claiming that things are in progress
> when they're really not just to massage the stats, and doing so at the cost
> of useful information. If the EGI structures are such that doing so is the
> most rational course of action available to us, then I suppose we'll just
> have to live with it, but it's still dodgy.

I think a pinch of salt is needed to digest quantitative metrics derived
from tickets, because the work is hard to measure properly.

Steve

--
Steve Jones                             [log in to unmask]
System Administrator                    office: 220