Dear colleagues,

I'm planning a paper on the so called "trust controls" that the Mexican
government is practicing on security employees and police staff to try to
separete those who are collaborating with the drug cartels. The "trust
contols" include a polygraph session, drug tests, psychooigical exams,
socioeconomic tests and medical exams.

As you can imagine, there are several distressing issues concerning the
"trust controls". There are just a couple of contractors that are certified
by the Mexican government to apply the tests and they earn a lot of money
because thet are hired to practice the controls in every state. Privacy is
another issue, no one can refuse to take the exams and if someone refuses
arguing privacy matters it is fired ipso facto! Transparency is another
problem because no one can talk about the controls (they force you to sign
a confidentility contract) and the statistics provided by the Mexican
Government about how many failed the controls are dull and cryptic.

I would really appreciate if you can recommend me some bibliography about
this type of controls in other countries so I can compare the Mexican case.

Thanks a lot and greetings from Barcelona,

Alejandro Vélez