On Tue, 20 Dec 2011, Malcolm J. Currie wrote:

> There are fixed-sized arrays declared in the routines.  Note CCDPACK was
> first written in the VAX era.  Peter Draper would have a better idea how
> much effort it would take it to change these to dynamic arrays.

Or not, it has been quite a while since I wrote this all. As Malcolm says
these limits have crept up over the years as people have requested it. The
main driver behind keeping these values low was the requirement for
handling the variance arrays (that is N^3 for image sized arrays), rather
than the list processing.

--
Peter W. Draper, http://astro.dur.ac.uk/~pdraper

----