On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 8:08 AM, Tom Marsh <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I now encountered:
>
> cd docs/sc/017 \
>  &&amp; (make &&amp; make install) >make.log 2>make.log.err || { cat make.log.err; false; }
> This is dvips(k) 5.99 Copyright 2010 Radical Eye Software (www.radicaleye.com)
> ' TeX output 2011.12.13:1701' -> sc17.ps
> dvips: ! Couldn't find header file: texnansi.enc
> make[2]: *** [sc17.ps] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make: *** [/home/phsaap/software/gstar/manifests/sc17] Error 1

That's exactly the error I get on my wife's gentoo box. I haven't been
able to work out which package will get me the texnansi.enc file.
Norman might be the only one who knows. I imagine that sc17 could be
hacked to make it less picky regarding encodings. Maybe that encoding
has been deprecated in modern latex installations.

> since this looks like a pure documentation issue, will the same trick of skipping docs work?

It's near the end of the build so it's not really important for pamela
development.

--
Tim Jenness