My best guess is that your scans use the relatively new multi-frame
DICOM format.  This is something that Phillips uses, but Siemens does
not seem to have adopted.  Because most of the DICOM files that I
encounter are from Siemens scanners, I haven't got yet around to
figuring out what to do with multi-frame.

There are a number of packages that may be able to deal with the
conversion of those data.  I'd suggest taking a look at
http://www.nitrc.org/search/?type_of_search=group&cat=536:Format+Conversion
or http://idoimaging.com/ for possible solutions.

Best regards,
-John