Dear Shiphi,

       1. According to the theroy of GLM, different condition will yield a  different change
           in the function signals (BOLD signal) in a voxel. All these changes constitute the
           total change of BOLD signal. So it is normal if there are multiple conditions. In
           additional, the contrast value is not beta.
        2. I think this may help you. http://marsbar.sourceforge.net/tutorial/results.html