Dear Ian,

I agree with you, that too many emails were sent to the steering
group. I sent too many mails as well. I know.

I wanted to stop this, but I kept on receiving (sometimes privately)
mails from colleagues with interesting content to discuss.  That is
why I went on until now.

Concerning the discussion room:
  you (or someone else) should explain a little more how we can get on
that "discussion room". I didn't succeed right now. But I am in a
hurry, so maybe later.

I am a volonteer for the thinking about the creation of the "organised
network" (from my practical international screenwriting and production
knowledge), but I don't have any personal ambition for the network. I
have made my choice: my ambition is in professionalism: international
financing and screenwriting. But I can learn a lot from the academics,
from other screenwriters and from my own reflections and research.

Best regards,

Hugo

Op 7-dec-11, om 12:50 heeft Ian MacDonald het volgende geschreven:

> Dear all
>
> The Steering Group has occupied quite a lot of server space lately
> with wide-ranging discussions and suggestions. Some of this has also
> reached the whole Network, which might be a bit confusing!
>
> I suggest we separate out our burgeoning business.
>
> I'm delighted people are discussing screenwriting issues daily now -
> that's what the Network was set up to do! It needs that free-flowing
> social network approach, and I'm pleased to say we already have a
> Discussion Room. You should see this on your jiscmail Home Page,
> towards the RH side. You'll need some Java software (all available
> through jiscmail), and maybe some adjustments to your firewall. Then
> you can access the DR and post ideas/respond in real time. You can
> save your discussion and can ask SRN to place this in the Files
> section.
>
> The business of the Steering Group concerns the running of the SRN,
> and messages for the specific email list for the SRG should be
> restricted to items relating to this topic.
>
> The Steering Group is also now working on formalising the SRN, with
> a constitutional structure. I have called for 5 volunteers to help
> with administering this process.  The intention is to bring a
> suggested structure to the SG in the New Year, and after a short
> time, suggest an agreed structure to the whole membership. If
> agreed, it would be adopted by the AGM in Sydney 2012.  Comments and
> suggestions welcome from all. However, at this stage, it is best to
> send them only to me at [log in to unmask] The full debate
> will happen later.
>
> Any general message/news/new publication/everything else will
> continue to be posted to the SRN as usual. More info will follow on
> conferences from 2014 onwards, for example.
>
> In the near future, it is intended we should have a separate
> website. I am working on this now with Jamie Sherry from Bangor
> University, Wales. Any comments or suggestions should also be sent
> to me in the first instance.
>
> You might also like to note that our current membership exceeds 200,
> following the successful Brussels conference!
>
> Best wishes to all
>
> Ian

Hugo Vercauteren
tel. + 32 (0) 3 440 20 23