Here in the US there is a TV program titled Person of Interest that plays to what you're talking about

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Person_of_Interest_%28TV_series%29

On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 5:02 PM, Lawrence Serewicz <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Marc
Thanks for the response. Yes, it is off topic in a sense but then it is critical as records management is not a "neutral" exercise.

I think computers are getting "smarter" but people are not. In many ways this adds to the confusion because of the permutations of interactions. The fallacy of recent cases 7/7 and yorkshire ripper is that somehow more computing power would have made those connections apparent. They were failures of imagination, a non computational skill, not of calculation or analysis.

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA
Richmond, Va