Attachments available - please ask. One is an excel file.
From: LondonKeepOurNHSPublic [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 15 December 2011 22:43
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Action points from London meeting

NATIONAL DEMONSTRATION AGAINST HEALTH BILL
We need the date now!

There have been discussions about calling a national demonstration against the Health Bill in January or February, backed by the Labour Party, Unite and hopefully the TUC. This is something we have been campaigning for, and would be a fantastic opportunity to mobilise the massive opposition to the Health Bill. But we need to start planning now to make it a huge show of strength demanding that the Bill is dropped.

HOW TO KEEP UP THE POLITICAL PRESSURE

A combination of massive public opposition and lobbying stopped the bill in its tracks in the spring of this year. That is what we need again as early as possible in 2012.

Some suggestions:
Labour's proposal for a "plan B" is a different approach which came out after our meeting so was not discussed: http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2011/dec/14/labour-nhs-plan-b-reforms

SUPPORT BEVAN'S RUN
Let's greet Clive as he arrives in London after 6 days
Sunday 15 January 2pm
Department of Health, Whitehall
Clive Peedell (Co chair of NHS Consultants Association) will run 60 miles in 6 days
from Aneurin Bevan's Statue in Cardiff to the Department of Health in London to highlight opposition to the Health Bill. Follow him on Twitter @cpeedell and #bevansrun.  http://bevansrun.blogspot.com/

HOW TO KEEP LOBBYING
Keep emailing or better still writing to Lords, either ones you have contacted already or some others.

Find out how to contact them here:  http://www.keepournhspublic.com/pdf/LordsVoted.xls.
Find out how they voted on the amendments in the spreadsheet attached.
Follow the progress of the Bill in the Lords here http://www.goingtowork.org.uk/peers/.

Allyson Pollock's briefing attached gives a summary of the arguments around the latest amendments which could be the basis of your letter.
38 degrees legal advice
Leaked document confirms government plans for private companies to run commissioning
NHS reforms already causing chaos

LONDON KEEP OUR NHS PUBLIC MEETING
TUESDAY 10 JANUARY 7.30pm
Camden Town Hall, Judd St, WC1 (Kings X tube)
 This meeting will discuss the New Year's campaign plans as well as:
More information from www.keepournhspublic.com
To unsubscribe please email [log in to unmask]

****************************************************** Please note that if you press the 'Reply' button your message will go only to the sender of this message. If you want to reply to the whole list, use your mailer's 'Reply-to-All' button to send your message automatically to [log in to unmask] Disclaimer: The messages sent to this list are the views of the sender and cannot be assumed to be representative of the range of views held by subscribers to the Radical Statistics Group. To find out more about Radical Statistics and its aims and activities and read current and past issues of our newsletter you are invited to visit our web site www.radstats.org.uk. *******************************************************