As there is a small industry in providing “paid for” courses – I play a tiny part in this myself –  you may not find it easy to get an unpaid trainer. So it might be good to look local. If there is an experienced journalist who covers they science beat, they might be prepared to do it on the grounds that they could get some leads out of the session.

MK

From: psci-com: on public engagement with science [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Doran, Heather
Sent: 2011-December-05 17:36
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [PSCI-COM] Science Journalism Training

Us at  Au Science Magazine (www.aumag.co.uk) are looking to put together a day training event for students (undergrad and post grad) to give budding writers advice, tips and guidance on science journalism.

We are looking for suggestions of people who would be willing to come and visit Aberdeen and maybe hold workshops and/or talk about their career.

If anyone has any advice (if you have organised anything like this before) or suggestions of people that might be willing it would be much appreciated.

We do have funding to cover expenses, however we would not be able to pay people for the session.

Thanks!

Heather

********************************************************************** Further information about the psci-com discussion list, including list archive, can be found at the list web site: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/psci-com.html You may also change your settings and subscribe/unsubscribe to psci-com from the web site.

Psci-com is part of the National Academic Mailing List Service, known as 'JISCMail'. It adheres to the JISCMail Acceptable Use Policy: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/policyandsecurity/acceptableuse.html and to the JISCMail guidelines for etiquette: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/policyandsecurity/etiquette.html

Email commands: 1. To suspend yourself from the list, whilst on leave, for example, send an email to mailto:[log in to unmask] with the following message:

set psci-com mail -- [include hyphens]

leave psci-com -- [include hyphens]

Please allow up to 24 hours for these commands to activate. Remember that you will need to send commands using the same email address that you used to register on psci-com. To contact the Psci-com list owner, please send an email to: [log in to unmask]