Hi all,

I am currently working at Mimas on R&D projects, including Jorum R&D, the JISC-funded Learning Registry node, and some consultancy with COPAC on bibliographic data.

One of the things we'd like to offer from the Jorum point-of-view is collaboration on bids for JISC's OER Rapid Innovation funding call: http://www.jisc.ac.uk/fundingopportunities/funding_calls/2011/11/oerrapidinnovation.aspx  I know bids are due on January 27th, so I wanted to get this out there ASAP.

To catch up on where Jorum is at, please see this recent blog post from Mark van Harmelen on where Jorum's technical developments are heading over the next few months: http://www.jorum.ac.uk/blog/post/20/coming-improvements-to-the-jorum-user-experiece

The items to note for possible rapid innovations work include the imminent completion of the READ part of Jorum's REST API, and work around single and bulk ingest/deposit (focussing on SWORD, RSS and OAI-PMH feeds).

I should also mention that we will have another full-time Jorum Technical Coordinator coming into post in January, with much experience of development in the educational content area, so we'll have even more hands on deck next year!

So, if you think Jorum might be able to assist you in developing something innovative for your educational community, please get in touch - contact details below. NB: Mobile phone or email best points of contact for now as I am working from Glasgow and my Mimas phone number isn't properly set up yet.

Best,

Sarah

--
Sarah Currier  |  Jorum Technical Coordinator (R&D Projects)

Mimas  |  Roscoe Building (5th Floor)  |  Oxford Road  |  The University of Manchester  |  Manchester  |  United Kingdom  |  M13 9PL

Tel.: +44 (0)161 275 6034 (ext. 56034)  |  Mob.: +44 (0)7980855801

E-mail: [log in to unmask]