Hello Priscilla

I would agree with you in as far as health assessments are undertaken by
non-medically qualified OH practitioners ie nurses; medical assessments are
undertaken by medical practitioners.  So, for example, if the surveillance
is undertaken in compliance with schedule 6 of the health surveillance of
Reg 11 of the COSHH Regs then that assessment must be undertaken by a doctor
so then it is medical surveillance, not health surveillance. There is other
legislation which requires assessments to be undertaken by doctors eg
Asbestos Regs, etc

Hope this is helpful

Anne

Anne Harriss