> seems to me, i donno, that it is damnéd near as difficult to
> convincingly "fake" a breathtakingly mediocre style as it is to
>  convincingly "fake" a breathtakingly Fine one.

I forwarded the link on to a bunch of SCA woodworkers, one of whom posited
the idea that the casket might be made of wood reclaimed from a previous
box, such as might happen if a saint's coffin was exhumed and the wood sized
down to create a smaller box to hold merely the bones. It would be
difficult, I would imagine, for the devote craftsman to have to balance
'making it fit correctly' against 'profaning a sacred [the original box]
object' by shaving off too much of the wood.

Terri Morgan

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]