John

You could, of course, seek out the work of F E Brightman: The English Rite Being a Synopsis of the Sources and Revisions of the Book of Common Prayer, Rivingtons, 2 vols, 1915, which gives the original spelling texts of the editions of 1549, 1552 and the Annexed Book of 1661 plus references in notes to the contributions of the intermediate texts of 1559, 1604 and 1637. That, of course is not a text designed for liturgical use but a synopsis for scholarly study.

On quite another matter, that came up in the list earlier this year, Brightman has in his Appendix a section on the "Bidding of the Bedes": See Volume 2, pp. 1020-1045 - on pages 1032ff, he prints "The Bedes on the sondaye" from The Festyuall printed by Wynkyn de Worde in 1532, f. cxciiij.

Gordon Plumb