Was the order of the Great O Antiphons dictated by something in the OT, decided upon by a person, or did it come about by tradition?

I don't know who devised it, but it does contain a most wonderful bit of mediaeval word play.

Just think:
You have a whopping big folio on your lectern and all the "O" antiphons are lined up with BIG illuminated Initials.

S apientia (Wisdom)
A donai (Lord)
R adix Jesse (The Offspring of Jesse)
C lavis David (The Key - or Sceptre ? - of King David)
O riens (The Dayspring from on High)
R ex gentium (King of the Gentiles / Nations )
E Emmanuel (God-with-us)

You get to Christmas Eve and you LOOK BACK and read them off from RIGHT to LEFT

E R O C R A S

Ero cras

"I will come tomorrow!"  ie on Christmas Day.

Was it deliberate or was it one of those seriously spooky coincidences ?

When I first discovered this, it made the hair on my neck creep.

It still make me twitch. I wonder how many more little things like this are lurking about unappreciated in liturgy, in scripture, in art .......?

Merry Christmas everyone - May the Light shine out of the darkness for all of us.

Brenda.