Anne,

I can't speak as a scholar but as a practicing Anglican of many years
standing ...

What sort of services are you talking about ? Sunday Worship ? Communion
Services ? (For much of the 18th Century the principal service of a Sunday
was Morning Prayer not a Communion Service - the latter might take place
only three times a year at Christmas, Easter and Whitsun - the prescribed
minimum.)
The Occasional Services (Baptism, Marriage, Burial ) ?

My understanding is that the 1662 Prayer Book was the norm from 1662 to
1928 - for the Established Church. ie the Church of England (IN ENGLAND) As
concessions were granted over the years to dissident religious groups (
Dissenters, Quakers, [Jews] Roman Catholics &c) they would over time have
been able to conduct their own services in their own way, but the "norm" was
the BCP in the Parish Church - or the College Chapel. Initially the
Methodists used the BCP because the Wesley brothers were both Anglican
clergy. The supremacy of the BCP in the lives of those who were not members
of the Established Church was eroded over time.

There were different arrangements in Scotland and Ireland - and in Wales ?

Until 1857 the Marriage Service in the BCP was the only legal form of
marriage for everyone except Quakers and Jews who were granted permission to
marry members of their own sect by their own rite. A mixed marriage would
have to use the BCP. I think many Roman Catholics (and Dissenters ?) went
through two marriage services: the legally binding one in a parish church
using the BCP and a second rite in their own conventacle to satisfy their
consciences. Until the Catholic Emancipation Act of 1832 (?) Catholics in
London could only have a Nuptial Mass at the Chapel of one of the Embassies
of a Catholic Country.

BMC