I could probably look this up but decided to impose on the list because someone is sure to have this info at his/her fingertips...
Was the order of the Great O Antiphons dictated by something in the OT, decided upon by a person, or did it come about by tradition? I just realized that "O Oriens" day, Bill East's alter-onomasticon, comes when the sun begins its reconquest of darkness and I wondered if this was fortuitous.
Many thanks and Merry Christmas,
MG

Marjorie Greene
http://medrelart.shutterfly.com/